Computers are available for public use at Chelsea District Library with Internet access. Computer users are required to login with their library card and pin number for the wired workstations.
Please review our Computer Use Policy by clicking here to download the PDF.
General policies regarding use of the library’s computers:
- Computer use is limited to 60 minutes if others are waiting. If no one is waiting at the end of your 60-minute session, you may have an extended session.
- Be sure to save what you are working on regularly, as any work you have saved on the computer and your history of visited web sites will be deleted when your session ends
- If all computers are full, you may reserve a computer at the reservation station. When you are assigned a computer, you have ten minutes to log on before you forfeit your reservation.
Printing & Fees:
Chelsea District Library provides printing services for patrons. Both color and black-and-white printing options are available on the second floor.
- Black and White Printing: 15 cents per page
- Color Printing: 50 cents per page
Users will need to pay and release their print jobs at the print release station located near the printer on the second floor.
Internet access on library computers is filtered for those under 18 years old in compliance with Michigan Public Act 212. Wireless Internet access on a patron’s personal laptop is unfiltered. Librarians are available to provide help with access to and use of computers.
Chelsea District Library uses an advanced filtering system called OpenDns. By employing this technology, the library is able to comply fully with Michigan Public Act 212 of 2000.
Find out more about the categories that are filtered.