Sprint & Verizon Hotspots Available for Checkout
Click here to see the hotspots available in our collection or to place a hold.
Checking out a CDL Hotspot
Grab a hotspot box from the shelving behind the second floor information desk.
Take the hotspot box to the circulation desk to checkout a. Valid Chelsea District Library card required.
3 week checkout, no renewals, $1 per day overdue fine
If the hotspot is 10 days overedue the data plan will be canceled on that hotspot and the patron will be billed.
Return the hotspot to our Checkout Desk. DO NOT return to another library or put the hotspot in the book drop.
Using a CDL Hotspot
Turn the hotspot on (see instructions in case for details).
On your device (computer, tablet, phone etc) go to your WiFi settings and connect to the CDLXXXXXHotspotXXX network. When prompted enter the password CDLwifi475 (capitalization matters).
You DO NOT need to unlock the hotspot. You just need to turn it on.
The hotspot connects to either the Sprint or Verizon network. If the area you are in does not receive signal from those networks the hotspot will not work.
Signal strength will show up as bars in the upper right hand corner of the hotspot screen.
Like the hotspots? Want us to get more? Please fill out this short survey.
- The Library hotspots have very basic filtering but are not encrypted or secured.
- Devices connected to the same hotspot cannot communicate directly for security reasons.
- Each hotspot can support up to 10 devices connecting to them at once and have 30-40 foot range.
- If the device is over 10 days late the data plan will be canceled and the patron will be billed.
- If the hotspot is lost or damaged the Library will deactivate the data plan on the device and will charge the patron the cost for replacement. The hotspot costs $100 to replace.
- The whole hotspot kit (case, charging cable, and hotspot) costs $130 to replace.
- Hotspots only work in the continental United States – does not work internationally.
- Hotspots are meant to be placed on a table or shelf – Please do not tape or adhere the devices to any surface.